At Hydrosmart, we believe that effective hard water treatment is all about using a system which efficiently cleans water without requiring additional chemicals. For best results in large scale settings, a water treatment system must be easy to maintain, protect irrigation infrastructure and have as minimal an impact on the environment as possible. Our systems use a unique resonant frequency technology to break down mineral particles and reduce the corrosive potential of water for optimal results.
What is Water Filtration?
Water filtration is the process by which particles in water of various sizes are removed so that it can be consumed. Whether it is large particles of matter, parasites, algae, and even microorganisms like bacteria and viruses, water filtration methods can remove all these substances. In general, the treatment process of water follows these steps:
- Water is first passed through fine screens to remove solid objects such as plant matter, leaves, large sediment and more.
- Flocculation is the process by which finer particles are removed by adding a chemical that makes them clump together, making them easier to filter out.
- The next step is to pass the water through a layer of fine sand and crushed anthracite to remove particles that were not removed by the filter mesh.
- Disinfectants such as chlorine are added to kill pathogens which could cause disease. Ammonia is also a common choice as it lasts longer than chlorine.
Ion Exchange Hard Water Treatment
Ion exchange is a process that is extremely effective for water softening and balancing the mineral content of water, however, it also helps to regulate alkalinity of water, removes harmful ions, and disinfects water.
It is a chemical process by which undesired ions dissolved in water such as nitrate, sulphate and arsenic are exchanged with other ions which have a similar charge.
Advantages of Ion exchange water filter systems are:
- Significantly faster results
- Ideal for long term applications and large scale water treatment requirements
- Easy to install and easy to maintain
- No addition of chemicals and disinfectants
For more information on chemical free water treatment, contact Hydrosmart today!
100% Environmentally Safe Water Treatment Systems
Hydrosmart is an industry leader in sustainable, efficient, and easy to use water treatment systems. Our water descaling solutions help farms get the most out of their irrigation pipes and safeguards water supplies in livestock farms. Contact us today to find out how effective water treatment can boost your farm’s productivity and improve livestock feed conversion.