For years, one of the best ways to treat hard water in a home or business was to use salt-based water softeners. While salt water hard water treatment using salt-based softeners has its advantages, it does not provide the versatility that comes with modern, salt free hard water scale remover units. At Hydrosmart, we are committed to taking the water treatment industry to the next level, where modern techniques make water completely usable without the need for any additional substances and chemicals.
How Do Salt Based Water Softeners Work?
Traditional water softeners use an ion exchange process which replaces magnesium and calcium ions in water with less harmful sodium ions. As hard water passes through the tank, polymeric resins release sodium into the water, while calcium and magnesium bind to the resin.
Disadvantages of Salt Based Water Softeners
Some of the disadvantages of salt-based water softeners are:
- The US Environmental Protection Agency reports that salt-based water softeners increase water consumption significantly.
- Sodium, which is a by-product of the process, can cause pollution if present in large quantities. Wastewater from these systems can contaminate local ecosystems, agriculture and even impact marine life. Increased salinity degrades fertile soil and impairs plant development.
- Salt based water softeners are not effective at removing heavy metals such as lead and copper that is present in untreated water.
Benefits of Salt-Free Water Softening Systems
Just some of the benefits of Hydrosmart’s hard water scale remover systems are:
- The salt-free conditioner removes calcium by breaking bonds between minerals and removing scale from plumbing.
- The systems require minimal maintenance and have continued to function effectively for over 20 years.
- Allows turf management specialists to use less fertilisers, as minerals and compounds in the soil are made bioavailable as turf nutrients.
- Reduces cost of cleaning agents and detergents with chemical free water softening.
- The regulation of minerals in the water supply reduces microbial growth throughout the water system.
Easy to Install Water Descaling Solutions in Australia
When it comes to effective and versatile water treatment solutions, look no further than Hydrosmart’s salt free hard water treatment systems. Contact us today for sustainable, environmentally friendly water treatment products for farms, homes, and viticulture.