This is How Water Desalination Works in Australia
Using saline water in irrigation and having high concentrations of salt in your soil are detrimental to crop yield. Not only will your crop yield suffer but you’ll also struggle to grow different varieties of crops. Fortunately, Hydrosmart has a water conditioning answer to this problem that requires no chemicals, filters or maintenance.
Impacts of Water Salinity
The following are some of the main problems caused by high salinity water:
- Agricultural production: salts can negatively affect osmosis, resulting in dehydration of a plant because of water flowing back into the soil from the plant roots. Crop yields suffer and the plants may even die.
- Inhibition of nitrogen uptake in plants, limiting growth and reproduction.
- Poisoning of plants due to toxic ions.
- Negatively affect the quality of water for both irrigation and drinking.
- May lead to soil degradation problems like erosion.
- Threat to biodiversity via loss of habitat. Both terrestrial and in-stream flora and fauna may be affected.
- High salinity soils may have a reduced capacity for absorbing rainwater, leading to flood risk.
Salt Water Treatment Systems
Fortunately, there are solutions to the problem of water salinity. Among the many benefits of a Hydrosmart solution is the fact that there is no need for chemicals, filters or even maintenance once installed.
When highly saline water is treated with our products, mineral solids are fully dissolved in the water. Those mineral solids not absorbed by plants are absorbed further down the soil away from plant roots. The helps prevent a crust from forming on the upper layer of soils.
Water Softening Equipment Supplier
In solving salinity issues associated with hard water, Hydrosmart uses a series of computer-generated resonance frequencies that disrupt the bonding process of minerals and charged compounds. Mineral precipitation is neutralised, deposition of scale and oxides is decreased and the potential for corrosion is decreased.
A microprocessor unit within the system produces resonance frequencies that are focused on the water flow via antennae wound in tight coils around water pipes. There are no reject streams, pressure losses or flow restrictions. This enables the ability to use water previously considered unsuitable. We recommend either getting in touch or reading further about the technology we employ.
To learn how Hydrosmart has solved thousands of salinity and hard water problems, call us on 1300 138 223.